Monday, August 27, 2012

Being Brave in August


This month was a little different. It turned out to be a very passive bravery, though in my head, it still took a lot to go through with it.

I signed up for a relationship site. I’ve done this before – with the help of a friend and late night punchiness, it turned out completely loony. By the light of day, and Captain’s proofreading, we realized how nuts I sounded from an outside point of view. But I wasn’t very serious about it either.

This time, I put a little (not much) thought into it. And still kept the proper attitude. Knowing that this could a big potential for ego-blows, signed up with feelings of “this may be a complete waste of time, but let’s throw the line out there and see what happens”.

2 weeks in and maybe not horrible. (Honestly, I got busy and forgot to check it for almost a week.) I’ve had a few “winks” and a couple of interesting emails. If nothing else, it could be a nice distraction and potential fodder for a few good stories. Like some of the crazys my last attempt attracted!

1 comment:

  1. You shouldn't downplay the bravery it takes to do this! Putting yourself out there is one of the hardest yet potentially most rewarding things we can do.

    Love,
    A woman who met the man of her dreams, and been married to for 10 years, on the internet.
    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete