Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Thoughts

Well, it’s about that time again for a pick-me-up. So I’ve made a little list of things that have been going my way lately.

~I have finally sold my car. I decided since moving with Mom, that we really didn’t need 2 cars and hers is handicap accessible for her to get in and out of. So mine was the one to go up…that was 3 months ago. And now it’s no longer killing the grass in the side yard, and we have a little extra cash going into the holidays.
~I have an awesome new client! Seriously, it’s spooky. She is me in 50 years (minus the fact that she was a model in her younger days, grew up very well-off and married even better and has been to almost every country). She’s the only 89 yr old I’ve know who loves Jon Stewart and South Park. Even went and saw The Book of Morman last Fall in New York. I love talking and spending time with her. I may even visit her when she ends the service.
~I have somehow gotten over my chronic fatigue. I was having real issues the last few weeks sleeping all the time. And even after a 10 hour night, I’d be dragging and want nothing more than to go back to bed. Suddenly, I’ve started getting up ready to go and back to my normal 6 hours. Maybe the Ginseng helped.
~I've also used that extra energy to really start cleaning and organizing the mess that is this house. Maybe sometime soon I'll be able to look around without shuttering.
~I finished NaNoWriMo for the 2nd year in a row. I know I’m joining a lot of other blogs talking about writing the annual novel in a month, but it was a lot of fun this year. And I found a great writer’s organizational program that I love. Scrivener: they had a free trial during the month, and supposedly they’ll be offering a discount to winners which I will be using. It lets you keep track of characters, notes, research, etc. And it worked perfectly for the way I write. (very non-linear)

So those are the things giving me a grin lately, and that should keep me going for a while. And hopefully, happy thoughts will attract more happy thoughts. (even if I won’t help me fly :D )

1 comment:

  1. Yay for happy thoughts!!

    Count me in too as a Scrivener lover. I am actually a linear writer...so it's been fun to break out of my comfort zone a little.

    ReplyDelete